This is about building up a range of contacts for advice, information and career building.
- Working out where you need to make contacts – and why
- Identifying the right person to link with
- Making contact by phone, in writing or in person
- Building the link
- Maintaining the relationship
- Keeping good records of the network so you know where to look in the future
- Using the network once you have built it.
Examples of how the skill can be developed:
- Making contacts by attending conferences and workshops
- Joining professional networking platforms like LinkedIn
- Attending networking events
- Showcasing your projects and work
- Making speculative applications.
Find out more about this skill:
A range of web communication and networking platforms are included in this section
(Choose a skill below to find out the wide range of opportunities which you can participate to further improve them)